Du bist hier: Referate Datenbank | Gemeinschaftskunde
| LAW of the USA
LAW of the USA
LAW of the
- Based on legal priciples from English Common law ,
re-embodied in the Bill of Rights , the first 10 amendements to the American
- No uniform legal Code
Judical Institutions :
- Department of Justice established in 1870
- Federal Bureau of Investigations for
serious crimes , rather like Scotland Yard or BKA
- Courts : district Courts , County ( Circuit ) Courts ,
State Supreme Court .
- Jury : consists of 12 persons , deciding between
innocent or guilt .
Offices connected with the Law :
- Sherrif : Head of County Police force
- Chief of Justice : appointed by President for life with
consent of senate .
Or by a variety of
- No National Police System , no unarmed Police force
- Most State Judges are chosen by popular vote
- Term ranges between 2 Years and for life .
- At County Courts rarely longer than 4 Years .
- Minor offences are regulatet with fines
- Felonies ( heavier Crimes ) cause imprisonment
- Serious Crimes ( Murder ) can even cause death penalty .